Saturday, June 4, 2011

When Will The Media Understand That Paul Ryan Is Not Running In 2012?

Despite the fact that the media keep asking Paul Ryan if he's going to run in this upcoming Presidential election, he's not running in 2012. He's been very clear on that since he gave a pretty firm Sherman statement on Meet The Press a few weeks ago. Recently, Paul Ryan sat down with David Brody and he slammed the door on any possibility of running in 2012 pretty hard: 
David Brody: “There are a lot of people who want you to run for president. Would you consider it? The key is the word consider?”

Congressman Paul Ryan: “I’m really not doing that. The reason is I really do believe I can make a big difference where I am right now. I helped start a budget fight. I helped start this budget conversation in America. I want to see it through and as chairman of the House Budget Committee I think I’m in a pretty good position to do that.”

David Brody: “But you’re leaving your options open?”

Congressman Paul Ryan: “I’m not really leaving m options open. I’m not trying to give you loose talk. If you’re running for president you’ve got to be running for president. You’ve got to be lining it all up. You’ve got to be going to Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina. I’m not doing any of those things. I am fighting to clean up this budget mess in Washington. We’re in the middle of a budget fight and I really think that I can do more for my constituency and country right where I am.”
Paul Ryan has been pretty adamant on not running in 2012. Yet people ask him anyways as if he's going to change his answer. He has repeatedly stated that his focus is on his work in Senate and getting his budget reforms through Congress. How many times does the media need to ask this question before they understand that he's not running? 

No comments:

Post a Comment