Friday, July 15, 2011

See The Big Differences RomneyCare And ObamaCare

I have written extensively on the differences between RomneyCare and ObamaCare. I've listed 13 differences between Mitt's plan and Obama's plan. I've written about how ObamaCare is a plan that benefits big unions and big businesses while RomneyCare really focuses on helping people. I have written about how Obama did not and could not have used Mitt Romney's health care plan when he created ObamaCare which gives further clarity into the differences between these two men's plans.
However, the best explanation of the differences between RomneyCare and ObamaCare is found at a blog called America Needs Mitt. The blog provides a nice visual chart that explains the differences between these two plans and supports his claims with footnotes. Here's the chart: 
The chart along with the footnotes on the site is really impressive. I'm jealous and wish I had done this myself because it gives a nice side by side comparison of these two plans which helps to destroy the common claim that RomneyCare and ObamaCare are really similar.  

4 comments:

  1. From Mike Sage, creator of the chart: IN response to a reader's comment, I have updated the chart to clarify the language, to avoid any ambiguity. It now says “Net cost of reform < 2% of budget", which is practically a direct quote from the official Massachusetts 2011 budget proposal. As I stated in my preface to the footnotes, you should do your own homework, and settle on your own information sources. In this particular instance, I settled on an official government budget estimate. The updated chart is at http://americaneedsmitt.com/blog/2011/07/14/obamacare-romneycare-ready-facts/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike, thanks for notifying me of the update to your chart.

    And by the way, I'd like to compliment you on the chart. Very, very impressive work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think it would be worth adding a reference to exemptions as a footnote to the 'Don't like it' comment. I don't know if there is a provision for exemptions (not by rule, but by fiat) in the Mass law, but I would suspect not. There may be a 'cronyism' aspect to these exemptions that would be worth highlighting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how can i take a chart seriously when page count and assumptions on if it was read or not are a part of it?

    ReplyDelete